micah on the run

When Barby and I left NZ last September to go and live in India, our grandson had just begun walking. Now Micah is running. On this visit home, I have loved watching Micah run. High knees. Expansive smile. Flowing hair. Elusive step. Blinding speed. He's got it all.

At the Monte Cecilia Park in Auckland (on my first day back home):

'I do not run like someone running aimlessly' (1 Cor 9.26)

May it be so, Lord Jesus.


At the Wai-o-tapu thermal area outside Rotorua:

'Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God' (2 Jn 1.9) 

May it not be so, Lord Jesus.


In the backyard of a bach at Lake Tarawera:

'Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us' (Heb 12.1)

May it be so, Lord Jesus.


But after awhile, running becomes very tiring for those little legs.
It is important to be caught, to sit down, to rest ... and to soak up the love.

'Make me a captive, Lord, and then I shall be free;
... Imprison me within your arms, and strong shall be my hand (and feet).'

May it be so, Lord Jesus.

nice chatting

Paul

PS: My Luvly Lys (Micah's Mum) sent me another photo of the little running man to keep me company in faraway India:

'I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free' (Psalm 119.32)

May it be so, Lord Jesus.


Comments

Andrew R SUNZ said…
The joy of childhood and generational connection. Really special. A future All Black maybe?
not a wild hera said…
Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Popular Posts